Skip to main content

Free Writing - Take 89

Totally random stuff in my head right now. After sleeping about 4 hours in 60 hours, I crashed for 4 hours this afternoon/early evening. I then went to eat and realized the only think to eat without making pasta or rice, was a nice breakfast. So what if it was 10PM. Breakfast is good at all hours. The options became limited today and I'm not happy. Was hoping to clear my face and branch out. Some of you will get that, but let's just say, my face has been a disaster for two months now and I was hoping help was on the way. Luckily, with my life right now, nobody sees it, but a tiny kitten, who doesn't seem to judge me for my appearance, but how much attention I give him. I then watched one of the worst movies I've ever seen and came upstairs. For five, maybe four, I'm not sure, hours I've sat reading news, chatted briefly with a friend and wrote an e-mail to my brother. My communication with the outside world seems completely via the Internet and I wonder some days where everyone who I used to hear from went. Then I remember I'm the one that moved and I'm taken back to 1985. The birds are chirping and the squirrels are stretching and somewhere there is a tiny kitten who hopefully misses me. He avoided me all day and I can't say it didn't suck. Here's to a better day, but I know better, so I wish it for someone else and try and make that happen. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!