Skip to main content

The Wegman's Hoax

The #1 Supermarket in America!

Sorry folks, but I'd rather eat dog food. Whenever I tell people I'm in Ithaca, they all say "ooh, they have a Wegman's. You're so lucky!" Well, I've been on this earth for forty-five years and only one in Ithaca and I've gotta tell you all a little secret. The country's greenest, hipsterish, coffee house loving, artsy fartsy, organic city has one small problem...there is nowhere to get decent food. The restaurants I've been to all suck, except of course, for the one Thai place that once won best Thai food in the state. The baked goods are about the worst you'll ever taste and the pizza is revolting. Thank heavens for Wegman's, you'd think.

Here's the thing with Wegman's. Maybe they get good cuts of meat, fish and chicken in. The problem is by the time you get it to your table, that "use by May 13th" label has been changed numerous times. You open up that beautifully, CO2 sprayed salmon, with it's beautiful orange hue and immediately you're hit with an odor like no other. How does a $16/lb porterhouse go bad within six hours in your fridge? Why is it that the second you open that plastic and look at the side that's against the styrofoam, you see nothing but grey? Every single time.

Don't even get me started with the produce, for which they are world famous. Bright tomatoes, you'd sweat were heaven sent. Apples, so golden and delicious, they'd tempt Eve a second time. Lettuce, so green and crisp, it snaps when you bite it. Close your eyes though and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart. To make matters worse, these so called delectable picks from some garden are painfully expensive.

So, as my year in Ithaca commences, I sit atop a throne, unable to leave for the third time. This time it was the salmon. I should have known by the smell, but I the date on the label said it was OK. I was fooled again, by my trust. I know people will say, "write them," "complain" and "don't tell us, tell them," but what will they do? Give me a gift card for....Wegman's?

So as of 6/23/15. I will no longer eat any proteins from Wegman's. Give me Maine Source, Tops or any other "low class/affordable" supermarket, because I'm done! Wegman's looks clean on the outside, but looks can be deceiving. Their food is nothing less than disgusting and even worse, it's technically poisonous. Well maybe that's a stretch, but I know this. The pain and suffering I went through....AGAIN...won't happen again. I'll sustain myself on rice if I have to, but no more Wegman's for me. Another F You Ithaca day! This place just can't get any worse.

Next...the weather. Only place on earth not in the Amazon where the humidity never goes below 98%!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!