Skip to main content

Random Thoughts While I Eat Lunch

Just some things I've been thinking about lately.

If I ever get hit by a vehicle, I really hope it's an ambulance.

Have you ever stood at a corner of an intersection and heard the beeps that tell blind people when it is safe to cross? How the hell do they know which direction is safe? I can see and I can't figure it out half the time.

Despite the fact that everyone makes fun of the Jersey Shore, I still see people with that spray on tan.

If you want to know the real problem with unemployment, go to an office and ask the guy next to you covered in paint how his workday was.

Why are cereal boxes twice as big as when I was a kid, but have the same amount in them and no toy.

Has anyone ever seen a bird and a bee fucking? If you have, please tell me about it. If I ever have kids I wanna know what to say.

Why do they call it a two way mirror when regardless of which side you're on, you can only see one way?

Have you ever listened to rock stations on the radio? Apparently between 1965 and 1980 there were only 15 songs.

I love when people complain about the cost of coffee. I bought a lb of coffee and it makes approximately 90 cups. The way I make it, it makes about 50. At $2.99 lb it costs me 6 cents a cup. Screw you Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks!

Finally, when was the last time you saw kids playing ball in the street or in a playground? And we're worried about health care now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!