Skip to main content

Valentine's Day Alone

I got picked up from the school today from a friend.  We went to Dunkin Donuts, our daily ritual, and then sat and watched as all the pussy whipped men walked to their cars with flowers, candy and balloons.  We laughed at the silliness of the day and spoke of the horrible restaurant experiences on silly Hallmark holidays.  I remember once going to Friendly's with a girl I had been with for years and we laughed when we saw other couples who had been dating for a while doing the same.  It is silly to even contemplate dining out on Valentine's Day.

I came home and started a few loads of laundry.  I decided to treat myself to my midweek meal of Chinese food.  I had contemplated going to get some pizza, but decided it wasn't in the cards.  I wanted to something with leftovers and Chinese always works.  I folded my laundry and ate some of my dinner.  I stopped to watch a show and then jumped on the computer, finishing a little more of my food.

I didn't really think about valentine's day and being alone. I mean in the sense that it didn't bother me.  I've gotten to a point in my life where one little thing can make my day.  Today, at about 3:10, 15 Kindergartners walked into the auditorium.  Every single one of them stopped and wished me a Happy Valentine's Day.  For me, being alone wasn't a big deal, because I carried that with my all day long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!