Skip to main content

2014 MLB Predictions (Yes, I realize it's three weeks late)

I hand wrote my predictions about a month ago and never posted them to my silly blog. So here they are.

American League:
East - New York Yankees
Central - Detroit Tigers*
West - Oakland Athletics
WC - Texas Rangers and Boston Red Sox

The Yankees will bounce back with a healthy Jeter and Tex. The addition of Ellsbury and McCann will help, but Beltran is the key, because he allows for Soriano, Ichiro, Gardner and Ellsbury to rest and/or play DH.  The Tigers will continue their dominance of the Central, due largely to their big 3 again. I know the popular picks are the Rangers and Angels in the West, but I'm loving the A's this season. They dominate at home and in a close division, that will be the difference.  Texas is too strong with their young players not to make the layoffs and Boston squeaks by Baltimore, Anaheim and Tampa Bay to get the last spot.

National League:
East - Atlanta Braves
Central - St. Louis Cardinals*
West - Los Angeles Dodgers
WC - Washington Nationals and Arizona Diamondbacks

Atlanta and Washington will trade the top spot all year long, but the Atlanta crew will take it. St. Louis will dominate the Central, possibly clinching a playoff spot in mid-September.  Los Angeles has too many weapons and if they need something during the season, the money to go out and get it.  Washington's young guns will be tough all season and Arizona has some interesting weapons and a solid bullpen.

Wild Card Game:
Boston over Texas
Washington over Arizona

Divisional Series:
Detroit over Boston 4-3
Yankees over Oakland 4-1
St. Louis over Washington 4-3
Los Angeles over Atlanta 4-2

League Championship Series:
Detroit over Yankees 4-2
Los Angeles over St. Louis 4-2

World Series:
Detroit over Los Angeles 4-2
World Series MVP - Victor Martinez

MVP:
AL: Miguel Cabrera, Detroit
NL: Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona

Cy Young:
AL: Yu Darvish, Texas
NL: Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles

ROY:
AL: Nick Castellanos, Detroit
NL: Chris Owings, Arizona

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!