Skip to main content

Quick Thoughts Which Might Be Expanded Soon

I will probably expand on some of these in the near future, but it's been a rough week mentally and can't seem to concentrate on anything other than baseball. Sad, hmm?

It's amazing how much you see people for who they are from afar. I'm not singling anyone out, but I mean see people in general. I think back to my years of working summers away from home and even then I'd get a letter, a call, etc. Nowadays everyone is so concerned with themselves, other's lives are completely unimportant. I guess in my attempt to wait some people out, I'm no better.

Seeing things only through the lines of Facebook, I bet I could predict with razor sharp accuracy, the next break up, divorce, adulterous indiscretion (or at least the attempt), friend split, sickness, nervous breakdown or worse. I used to reach out to people, but I'm starting to see through the lines and now only do so for those I truly fear for.

I'm wondering when a law will be made about posting about your children. I don't mean a picture of them, I mean about them. About their woes at school, their relationships, their struggles, etc. It's a form of child abuse and bullying. Sure, you don't think so, because you're not yelling or hitting them, but you, as a parent or guardian or even just a friend, have no legal right to out their problems. It should and may very well be a crime. Imagine if your adolescence had been broadcast? I don't think I'd like the world to know about my porn collection or my bed wetting. My suspensions or my fights. I don't even think I'd like the world to know about my great test scores or my minor achievements. Those were for the refrigerator and the dinner table and even know, with all our technology, it's where they should stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!