Skip to main content

Too Personal?

I've been deleting a lot of the things I write recently. On the surface, many of them appear to more of the same. I think in some ways they are, but in others, I'm giving a little too much info about myself. Not the type that results in insurance fraud or a hacked phone, but information about who I am. I don't think most people understand that my critiques, criticisms, and simple observations about the world around me are real insights into who I am and more importantly where I am.

I once told someone, in that very instant, they could ask me anything and I had to answer honestly. They chose not to ask me anything. That invitation, for them, is still open. I know what they will choose. Have you ever thought about what you'd ask someone if given the chance at a single question, with no reservations and no repercussions? It's daunting, more for the one asking than the one answering. Then again, how many people would answer a question like this honestly? How many people are that honest with themselves?

This blog itself started as a self-exploration based on my judgments and reactions to another's inefficiency and how I've allowed three things to be the benchmark for my existence. Honesty, Accountability, and Efficiency. While I accept my flaws, weaknesses, and failures, I've embraced this thought process and when forced to lie to protect another, it haunts me. When I fail, accepting fault is something that is difficult for us, because it is not in fact, human nature. When I succeed, it is a highwire act to accept it and be modest at the same time. With efficiency, I've becomes obsessed. Others may view my life and my choices as a waste of time, but what they don't see is how I've earned this time. While others are busy, I've done what they've done with efficiency and while they're buying their rewards financially, I'm paying myself with leisure. Who ends up happier? Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember the last tangible thing I bought that made me happy, other than food and drink.

What would you ask?
Who would you ask?
What would you answer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...