Skip to main content

Free Writing - Take Four

Writing

Can think about anything to write again, but a friend found me something a little inspirational.  So here's what the plan for this.  I'm going to write about what I write about.  Sounds like one of those shadow box things that goes on forever. I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about right now, because my sleep schedule is off and I just ate a steak sandwich at 3am and it was technically my late breakfast, because I woke up four hours ago.  Anyway, ten minutes of non-stop babble about my writing.

I write a blog, movie reviews, food reviews, facebook jargon and twitter, I write what comes into my head and what I experience. Nobody cares and I know this. We live in a world where nobody care about anyone but themselves.  They say they do, but they don't.  I write about this. I write about the delicate flavors in a sushi dish and the bold in coq au vin.  I talk shit about friend's restaurants when they suck and praise them when they do well. I make enemies with my honesty, because honesty isn't important t most.  I write about movies that most have never heard off and scoff at when suggested. I fucking hate you people who love Will Ferrell and Sylvester Stallone.  I really do.  I think your minds are mush and you don't deserve my friendship.  But only when you talk about them being good.  I would love to write a thorough explanation of why I hate cherries, but think uni is god's gift to my tongue.  I want to watch Audition with a girl and then ask her for a kiss.  I want to tweet about every goddamn thing that pops in my head, not because I think I'm brilliant, but I'm so bored.  You all bore me well not you.  The thing that bores me is repetition, yet every day I do the same thing. I would love a life with a different job every day.  A different plan.  A different view.  But just one girl to share it with. It's the only thing in my life I want sameness.  I have one in mind.  I have two in mind. I have three in mind.  I'm kidding, I have none. I want to sit on a deck with this person and look at stars and talk about movies we've seen together.  I want to disagree, it's so damn important. My mother and father agreed on everything...actually I'm joking, it's their disagreement that brought me to where I am.  and their agreements.  It is all the things they said and did that made me who I am. I never looked up to athletes or actors. I've met tons of famous people and never asked for a picture or an autograph. They are people. I am not impressed. I love so many things in life I can't have...and oddly none of them cost money.  I want to write a great novel or screen play or maybe one funny joke the world will love. What am I a bumper sticker?  Twitter is nothing but a world of bumper stickers all in one place. I'm gonna tweet that when I'm done. It's brilliant. the CEO will play me millions to use it and I'll write about kids starving and how it hurts me.  truly hurts me.  I'm a fucking hypocrite as I chew my steak sandwich and write about me porterhouse. Fuck me and everyone like me.  $150 in the bank and I'm making plans to go to Smith and Wollensky's. Who the fuck do I think I am?  Wow, ten minutes is a short time when you're writing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her