Skip to main content

Welcome to my blog

Good Day All,

I have just started this blog as a way to voice my opinions on various topics when I feel it necessary. Many times I feel I'm slightly overbearing in sharing my feelings, and I felt that this might be a way to voice them without having to hurt anyone's feelings (directly). Anyone who reads this is more than welcome to comment, as I always welcome a debate, and don't always see the world as others do.

In the next few weeks I will probably piss off some sports fans, some political know-it-alls, some foodies, some movie buffs, and some friends. I mean no harm, but there are times I feel like my word is the law. Hey this is my blog and I can say what I want, while others are free to disagree and if they so choose, start their own blog.

I am new to this and right now it is 3am and I am expected in at work in five hours. I guess the first thing you will learn about me is I am a bit of an insomniac. I guess I would classify myself as a middle-of-the-night insomniac as I have a hard time falling asleep, but once awoken, I find it nearly impossible to fall back asleep. This is tough to deal with at times, but I usually have a day or two where it isn't a problem. I was supposed to go for sleep analysis this winter, but blew it off. Possibly a stupid move, but who knows. Maybe I slept well that night.

Please be sure that my upcoming blogs will not be this boring and I hope to really get some reactions out of those who read. Positive or negative, it doesn't matter. I look forward to sharing my views with friends and people I haven't met...although how they will find me I'll never know.

For now I will say goodnight as I try and get some rest.

Comments

  1. I need to get my head examined because I'm your first "follower". You've got a blog. //giggle//

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!