Skip to main content

Same Sex Marriages - Let's Party

When I woke up this morning, I immediately had this sick feeling in my stomach that the right-wing rag, aka The New York Post would have some obnoxious headline that read "Cuomo's Homos" or some other derogatory statement such as "We Pledge Allegiance To The Fag."  Listen, this is a paper that had Tiger Woods on the cover for something like 41 days straight, surpassing Michael Jackson's 30 plus, in the midst of a war and a recession.  I don't know what the actual headline was, but I'm sure it appealed to the masses of mental midgets out there who were for or against.  As I lay in bed, I started thinking about how boring most weddings are and how same sex weddings may actually be more fun.  I started listing the reasons in my mind of how this new law will enhance the typical wedding.

Gay men have more style, so goodbye traditional penguin suit, hello pastels in June!

Two Brides - hot!

Trying to pick up that girl at the wedding and it's not working.  Well enough alcohol and there might just be a guy there for you! (or vice versa).

Conga lines will never be the same.

New Popular Wedding Songs - It's Raining Men, So Many Men, Sugar Walls, You Me & He, YMCA, Relax, I Kissed A Girl (and I liked it) and pretty much anything from the Village People or Indigo Girls.

No bouquets or two bouquets to catch.

Gay guys always have hot girlfriends.

Gay girls always have hot girlfriends.

 And Finally, making fun of the straight guy who "didn't know it was a guy" at the bachelor party.

On a serious note, good luck to all of my friends who now have the right to share eternity legally with the person they love...or as in straight marriages, enjoy your sexless existence and don't forget to sign a pre-nup bitches!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...