Skip to main content

9/11

In my attempts to conform to society, as a tribute, I am not posting on Facebook.  I won't tell anyone about my insomnia, my relationship woes or any of my other maladies.  Today, as it's been for ten years is a day of reflection.  A day of thinking about loss.  Today is a metaphor for life.  When things stand tall and strong they may still be weak and crumble.

The towers that fell remind me that nothing is invincible.  Since then I've lost my mother to cancer.  I've had my own personal ups and downs and friends and family have had theirs.  Today reminds me that everything we have is fragile.  We can always say we'll be there for someone, but it's not true.  The towers were always there for me as a child, but they're gone as I'm an adult.  I've never needed my mother more than I need her now, but she's gone.  She too said she'd always be there for me.

Today I sit, at home in front of the computer, thinking about the day. Thinking about how I have things now that I don't want to lose, but knowing it may be inevitable.  Today, I sit, weeping over people I never knew.  I'm thinking about friends and family that I've forgotten. I'm thinking about a friends of a friends.  I'm thinking that I'd gladly give my life for those I love.  They are few, but they know who they are.  I'm thinking about how life isn't always fair.  A small groups hatred changed the lives of millions. It changed mine.

Today I'm thinking that tomorrow will be better. And the next day even better.  I need this to happen. We all do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...