- Joyeux Noel - A beautiful true story, hurt by over-dramatization. Still works on some levels.
- A Pigeon Sat On a Branch Reflecting About Its Existence - Dreadful in every way.
- Cracks - Aside from a lovely to look at cast, the movie fails to deliver, Eva Green though.
- Monster - Korean crime thriller fails, due to too many undeveloped characters.
- Making a Murderer - Poorly done, but makes its point. About 8 hours too long.
- Sicario - Del Toro is the real gem, but Blunt takes nothing and makes magic. Great film!
- Silenced - Korean film about real life horror at school for the deaf. Well done, but horrifying.
- Experimenter - Silly biopic about Milgram's obedience testing. Stumbles from start to finish.
- Pay The Ghost - Nic Cage horror flick. Works, for about an hour, but then unravels horribly.
- Unfriended - Might actually be worse than The Gallows and Willow Creek. Awful!
- Slow West - Good, not great, but fine acting make this "foreign" western a fun ride.
- Me And Earl And The Dying Girl - Napoleon Dynamite meets Terms of Endearment. Solid!
- Sheitan - Sexy women, creepy atmosphere and Vincent Cassel can't make up for lack of story.
- When Animals Dream - Shockingly good, beautifully shot Danish horror film. Overly subtle.
- Early Spring - Ozu's look at infidelity. My least favorite so far, but Ikebe shines as wife.
- The Kids Are Alright - Wonderful, up until the final twenty minutes and then unravels.
- Far From The Madding Crowd - Wonderful cast can't save a poorly constructed adaptation.
- Learning to Drive - Good not great. Simple. Clarkson is great as always, but script is lacking.
- World of Tomorrow - Oscar nominated short. Take time to let this one sink in, it's fabulous.
- Cub - Belgian horror borrows from many classics, but has an air of originality. Well done.
- Sharknado 3 - Awful in every way. This series has finally jumped the, no, just no.
- The Blind Swordsman; Zatoichi - First Takeshi Kitano movie I've ever hated. So dull.
- Le Samourai - Stylish noir, limits acting and is all about aesthetics. Inspired, but dull...Classic?
- The Assassin - Pretty to look at, but a complete bore. Could have easily been 30 minutes long.
- True Detective Season 2 - The writing is so bad, you forget the decent performances.
- Far From Heaven - Haynes' visual feast is hurt by Quaid's sleepwalking, despite stellar Moore.
Top Three: Sicario, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, World of Tomorrow
Bottom Three: A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting About Its Existence, Unfriended, Sharknado 3
Biggest Surprise: When Animals Dream
Biggest Letdown: True Detective Season 2