Skip to main content

My Blog: Coming to and End

Between this and the temporary blog on another website, I am approaching 500 blogs in a little over three years.   There have been times where I have tried to be funny and times where I've been too serious.  I try to keep an open mind and clear perspective, but in the end, my blog might have caused more harm than good.  It started out as a way for me to say some funny things and have 5-10 people tell me I'm funny.  Then it got to the point where 20-30 were telling me they loved it.  Then I got serious. People love negative quotes on Facebook and Twitter, because if for only a second, their lives excel.  I'm sure I've made a lot of people happy with my tales of misery, lost love and my inadequate life.  If that made someones day a little brighter, hell, embrace it.  I'm used to being kicked.

I've aired my dirty laundry and it's something I can't stand that I've done. I've reached out to people through this vehicle and simply pushed them away.  Their business for the entire Internet to see. Not wise. I've pissed people off with my views on politics and religion and will continue, but in a more personal setting,   They deserve it and nobody cares when they know I'm singling out one person.  I'm stopping.

I also want to start writing something a little more serious. Something that might one day end up on a shelf, not on someone's Facebook wall.  I don't think I'm that good a writer at this time, but I think my imagination could plaster over my deficiencies.  Who knows?  Maybe it's delusions of grandeur.  Maybe it's been years in the making.  I'll never know if I don't try.

I'm not saying this is the last one, but it may very well be.  I might write a silly movie review or tell people about a great restaurant, but for now, this is the end.  I appreciate those who have taken the time to write it and especially those who have said so many kind words about it.  Sometimes it's a distraction at work or something to do on a car ride upstate.  Many different people have told me one spoke to them.  For the most part they are silly.  That's what it was intended for.  A blank canvas to help me work out the ridiculous things that cloud my brain.  Hopefully I can use this energy and put it to good use.  Maybe I can incorporate my desire to write into my next job.

As I write this last paragraph, I want to apologize to anyone I offended, anyone I outed in any way and anyone who just felt I wasted their time.  This was never intended to be about others, but a reflection of my soul and inner workings.  The strange thoughts that rattle my brain and the deep things that tug at my heart strings.  This blog saw me break up with someone I dated a while and fall in love with two people rather quickly.  It explored my cries for help and my immaturity. It told how I felt at times of utter sorrow and compete joy.  I bitched and moaned and cried tears of joy throughout.  Some of these things really moved me.  When I go back and read things like My Man Crush, I laugh.  So many days I argue about gay marriage and I've never really even thought about homosexuality in any other way than acceptance.  I won't ever change that, no matter who or what book claims to know the truth.  I am set in my ways, but man enough to admit I'm wrong.  I've been wrong in this life so many times, it would appear I'm never right.  My decisions are always wrong, but I feel this one isn't.  I may see a new light. A beacon in the distance that will steer me back to this place.  I may come back out of boredom or a crushed heart that needs a place to bleed.  I don't know if this will or won't happen, but for now, a bid anyone who has graced this place with their presence Adieu.  Thank You!

Comments

  1. For what it's worth, I've found your blog extremely worthwhile. Will miss your wit and insight. Best of luck in your next endeavor, Jon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if you'll see this, but thank you very much. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her