Skip to main content

Some Random Thoughts and Baseball comments

The great thing about a blog is that your thoughts are documented.  That is unless you're wrong.  Well at the beginning of the season I picked the Texas Rangers to come in last in their division.  I also only picked four of the eight playoff teams correctly.  That's the worst I've done in about 15 years.  I did however pick the Phillies and Yankees to play in the World Series again....but it looks, as of now, as I might be wrong.  I should get Kudos for having the Giants in the playoffs though.  Not many "experts" did.  I should say that I also predicted Texas/Philly in the World Series back in June.

So what else is going on in my head?  Here are a few things.

I have decided that I don't like cold cuts anymore.  Unless it's salami pr proscuitto, I'm not interested.  In the past few years it's dawned on me that cold cuts (especially Boar's Head) are as bland as a Michael Bolton CD.  Cold cuts has joined pasta on my "why the hell did I used to eat this so much list.

Vodka and club soda has surpassed water as my most common drink.  This will lead to lasting repercussions for which universal health care might come in handy.  Thank you Obama.

I am a horrible son and grandson.  I haven't spoken to my father or grandmother in three weeks.  The call is coming tonight.  I hope they don't yell.  I also haven't spoken to my brother in the same amount of time.  I've been busy, it's the playoffs, football season and I have two jobs.

When people are waked, the family usually puts up pictures which span the years of their lives.  All you two finger-waving, duck-faced facebookers should take some regular pictures, so you're wake doesn't look like outtakes of the Jersey Shore.

Sometimes I go to bed wearing a t-shirt and boxers and wake up naked.  I'm sorry if any of you were eating, just seeing if anyone reads this.

My phone has 3G which would be great if it worked at work, my apartment and in bars. which leads me to my next thought.

What the fuck did we do before Google?

You can never date someone from the bank you go to....unless you're rich.

Halloween is on a Sunday this year.  While I don't like the holiday, it does ensure lots of females dressed as sluts for next weekend.  May I suggest the school girl outfit with the librarian glasses?  Please?

The single greatest Halloween costume I have ever seen was a guy wearing a Superman outfit in a wheelchair.  Yes, I know, my tickets is punched for hell.  I think that was confirmed when I couldn't stop laughing when the real Superman, Christopher Reeves "dropped the puck" at a Rangers game.

I wonder if there has ever been a study of how many car accidents are caused by girls walking down the street in tight jeans. 

Two of my friends were getting all hot and bothered last night looking of a picture of Jon Bon Jovi circa 1990.  Isn't he like 50 now?

Sometimes people say "this is no laughing matter."  Usually when they say that, I am laughing.

You know what's more fun than making fun of someone who can't take a joke?  Pretty much nothing.  Unless of course they go to hit you and slip on a banana peel.

Does anyone know why school buses are that ugly shade of yellow?

We have a race for governor of NY going on that features an anti-Semite who has been arrested for climbing a bridge with a knife in his hand (who uttered the greatest debate speech ever), a homophobic slug who once rented a bar that was a gay night club, an ex-madam (trying to replace a guy who got in trouble for banging hookers), and Andrew Cuomo.  Gee, I wonder who is going to win?

The other day I couldn't sleep.  So I started to count sheep.  When you've been single for a while, this isn't a good idea.  Just saying.

Well that's all for now, lunch is over and it's back to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her