Skip to main content

Phish Fans In Ithaca Terminal

I will be completely honest.  I've only heard about 20-30 minutes of Phish.  What I heard was like a record skipping on a bad tune.  It was basically extended versions of the worst Grateful Dead songs.  Let me point out that worst Grateful Dead songs encompasses all Grateful Dead songs.  So here's a brief description of the crew, most of who were together.

1st to arrive - Brand new baseball cap, curly hair, ripped t-shirt, cargo shorts falling off his ass.  He spoke on his cell the entire time he waited for his friends.  He had some luggage which consisted of a Coleman cooler, with a pair of shorts and a tee shirt tied to it with a bungee cord and a backpack.  He looked as though clean water had not met his body in a few days.

2nd to arrive.  Steps off the bus and looks like Prince William if he was born with those fake redneck teeth and hair like Harpo Marx.  He wandered around looking for a bathroom and seemed to check the most illogical places, like between two vending machine that had about 10 inches between them  He was totally disheveled and was wearing jeans and flip flops....my pet peeve.

3rd and 4th to arrive.  An attractive young girl who looked like a cross between Squiggy Fromm and Carly Simon, but a little more wasted.  She seemed to ask questions she should have known the answers to, like "this isn't where the concert is, right."  Nope, you paid $200 to watch a concert in a bus depot.  The guy was dressed like it was 50 degrees out. Hooded sweathshirt hiding his white boy dreadlocks.  Just not bathing doesn't make them dreadlocks.

My personal favorite was the woman in her fifties, who was wearing a belly shirt and no shoes. She also had these shorts that were falling down which had a plastic spoon sticking out of the back pocket.  There was also a man, who had absolutely nothing going on.  He was a disaster and didn't stop eating.  First three slices of pizza, he left and got a sandwich and then left and got a bagel.  Then complained about his bus being delayed and asked if there was a place to get a bite to eat.

This guy wasn't a Phish  fan, but he topped my day.  After waiting in the terminal for almost three hours, I went outside and left my bag and drink inside.  I come back two minutes later and someone is sitting where I was. He then proceeded to bend his water bottle to make it make a noise.  I almost killed him.

Another non-Phishionado was the woman sitting across from me that took her shoes off and proceeded to rub lotion on her feet.  Now listen, I did the same thing a few hours earlier, but in a little more secluded place.  The bathroom!

I'm sure they were looking at me and saying, hey look at the chubby 40-year-old with the diet soda, let me know how that's been working.  Or maybe they wondered why have pimples like a 14 year old. Or why I'm wearing constantly checking my phone like a teenager girl texting about a Beiber sighting.

Then of course there was the end of my wait.  Right before I got off the bus.  I take my seat in the back, get comfortable and an absolutely adorable girl in her early 20's sits down right across from me.  Two seconds later another hottie sits in front of her.  So the two best looking people I've seen all day sit in my view and I'm on the wrong fucking bus.  Story of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her