Skip to main content

My Facebook Dream - The Purge Style

Recently there was a movie called The Purge which detailed a country where crime was nonexistent because of one night of anarchy and chaos.  This is my dream for Facebook.  That one day, everyone would be completely anonymous.  I think about what I would do.  Remember, Facebook is technically all my "real friends."

As of today, this would be my list.

I would call out all the racists who feel the need to post every meme of a black kid killing a white person ever since Trayvon Martin was murdered.

I would call out all the hypocrites I know who openly cheat on their significant others, some married and praise how special they are on Facebook.

I would bash the fuck out of every mother who bought their teen a pair of pants that say "Juicy" on the ass, but find Miley Cyrus offensive.  Double bashing if they wear a matching pair.

I would question every parent who allows their high schooler to post pictures of themselves drinking, smoking and half naked in their bathroom.

I would completely obliterate all my religious friends who have absolutely no idea what their religion and it's books stand for.

I'd call out everyone who is truly stupid, but tries to come across as intelligent.  I'd also call out those who have a pretty good head on their shoulders, but hide it to fit in with their moronic friends.

I'd probably have a thing or two to say about these animal lovers who aren't that wonderful to other human beings.

If you have a problem at home and post it on Facebook, you're on my list too.

I'd probably out myself, for being a hypocrite on one major topic, which of course, I'll keep to myself for the purpose of this blog.  Feel free to contact me privately and if I think you wouldn't make my list, I'll be happy to divulge my skeleton.

I'd bash everyone who has financially prospered because of Obama, but bashes him for every reason they can think of.  I'd probably also question anyone who is a liberal that is rich.  Don't know too many of those though.

I'd tell all the people who I truly admire, like, maybe even have a crush on my feelings.  I'm pretty freaking shy (I know I know), so it would still be anonymous.

I'd tell parents of kids I know who are being neglected to snap out of their self absorbed state and be a fucking parent.  I'd also tell those smothering parents the ills of their ways.  Especially those who are about to go away to college and are sure to rebel.  I'd also give a big high five to parents who get it.  Who are a friend, but not so much that the kid forgets who's boss.

I'd call out everyone who has ever questioned my intelligence and been proven wrong, yet continues to question the same point.

I'd probably tell every Yankees fan to go fuck themselves, because only four of my friends are true fans (one isn't on Facebook, but he knows).

I'd apologize to three or four people I've hurt over the years on here.  Inadvertently for the most part. 

I'd tell three people who sometimes post statuses showing lack of esteem, not only how beautiful they are, but how special they are.

I'd tell a few people who complain incessantly about their jobs to quit.  I left a job and it basically ruined my life financially, but for the last two years, it's been like a weight off my shoulders and salvaged a friendship, I actually care about. 

I would tell certain people who maybe I've let slip through the cracks how important they were to me.

I'd thank everyone I had a relationship with and tell them exactly how I feel about them and how important they have been as a part of my life.

I'd unfriend about 1/3 of the people on Facebook and embrace the other 2/3 a little tighter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her