Skip to main content

Perfect Blizzard Day

I'm not prepared for the snow, the scary times, the lack of transportation and the epic apocalypse that is about to hit us. Nope, I've got coffee abd three eggs. But it hasn't stopped me from thinking about my potential perfect blizzard day.  Obviously, sharing the confinement with a special someone is nice, but I'll stick to what I know for now.

I'm thinking I'd awake around 10am, hitting the button on the coffee and getting back into bed. While sipping on my first cup is colm up some bacon and eggs, accompanied by a sesame bagel with cream cheese, tomato, raw red onion and a few pieces of lox. I'd leisurely eat this while perusing the news and social media.

I'd then spend some time looking at the snow, maybe a walk, who knows. Live the sound of the fresh snow crunching beneath my feet. I'd throw in a movie, probably something mindless, like an action movie or comedy. I'd then start baking some chicken wings.  When the movie ended, I'd get a frying pan and melt some butter, adding sriracha and stirring to make a nice sauce, is add the wings to the pan and toss them until they were fully covered, then dig in with a nice little bowl of bleu cheese dressing, some sliced carrots and bell peppers.  Something tells me a nap would be in order following.

As I awoke from my nap, I'd jump in the shower, then open a bottle of string cabernet. Grab a bunch of crackers, a nice camembert, some chevre, a strong cheddar, an English stilton and a patè.  I'd pop in a good drama or psychological thriller and hunker down. It would be about 7pm by now and I'd start thinking about dinner. A nice rib eye, some mashed potatoes and haricot verts.  I'm thinking a Malbec would be nice.

I'd let the meal settle and then make some coffee, a glass of Bailey's on the rocks as dessert and I'd probably make some popcorn and pop in a juicy foreign horror film.  Something grotesque and disturbing. Then when it was over, I'd peak outside, walking out one last time, maybe even barefoot, to feel the cold wet snow. Coming in, taking a few more sips of coffee and heading off to dream about having a serene day like this in reality and not just a blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her