Skip to main content

Frantic

It's not a word we use often.
It's not a feeling we feel often.
It's not an act we experience or witness very often.

It is something I see, hear in another's voice and in their actions every day. It is something, to be quite honest, I find laughably intolerable. It is caused by one's own insecurities, anxieties, and inability to handle even the smallest of bumps in the road. It is self-created, often for no other reason than the need for attention. For if one were truly to be frantic, there would have to be a cause that could, maybe even should, cause dire results. Yet, those who act frantic, do so for no other reason than a lack of responsibility, accountability, and severe procrastination. The daily sighs let out and the solo conversations about being busy, running around, and the exclamation of "This is my life," is nothing more than a byproduct of living an inefficient lifestyle. A life where the simple task of waking up involved four presses of a snooze button. Where the simple feeding of a pet, washing of one's face and teeth, causes such exacerbation, you'd believe it was one's wedding day or that they might be walking the plank later that afternoon. I try to laugh at it, because to feed into it, as we tend to do, thinking our sympathy is a means to an end, is fruitless. These people will somehow prevail, whether it be at school, in the workplace, or in relationships, others will view this inner turmoil as something they need to assist, never realizing they are just adding to this act. The more attention these people get, the more frantic they become. Their stomping feet, elevated pitch, and deep breathed sighs echoing as they walk up the slight slope of life, convinced their path is steeper than anyone's, or at least that's what they tell us. If they only knew our woes, stressors, and ills. But no, they never ask, only wandering through life telling others of theirs, waiting for that one weak soul who is willing to waste their time appeasing their incessant need for attention masked as a burden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!