Skip to main content

Too Personal?

I've been deleting a lot of the things I write recently. On the surface, many of them appear to more of the same. I think in some ways they are, but in others, I'm giving a little too much info about myself. Not the type that results in insurance fraud or a hacked phone, but information about who I am. I don't think most people understand that my critiques, criticisms, and simple observations about the world around me are real insights into who I am and more importantly where I am.

I once told someone, in that very instant, they could ask me anything and I had to answer honestly. They chose not to ask me anything. That invitation, for them, is still open. I know what they will choose. Have you ever thought about what you'd ask someone if given the chance at a single question, with no reservations and no repercussions? It's daunting, more for the one asking than the one answering. Then again, how many people would answer a question like this honestly? How many people are that honest with themselves?

This blog itself started as a self-exploration based on my judgments and reactions to another's inefficiency and how I've allowed three things to be the benchmark for my existence. Honesty, Accountability, and Efficiency. While I accept my flaws, weaknesses, and failures, I've embraced this thought process and when forced to lie to protect another, it haunts me. When I fail, accepting fault is something that is difficult for us, because it is not in fact, human nature. When I succeed, it is a highwire act to accept it and be modest at the same time. With efficiency, I've becomes obsessed. Others may view my life and my choices as a waste of time, but what they don't see is how I've earned this time. While others are busy, I've done what they've done with efficiency and while they're buying their rewards financially, I'm paying myself with leisure. Who ends up happier? Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember the last tangible thing I bought that made me happy, other than food and drink.

What would you ask?
Who would you ask?
What would you answer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her