Skip to main content

48 Hours of Faceboohoo A Free Writing ****Fest

I try not curse on social media or in my blog. I find it's immature, but holy fucking shit. How is it possible that out of 594 people, I couldn't find one positive original post in two full days. Sure there was the obligatory "my kid is so fucking cute (because you probably feel guilty for punishing them)" daily pics or the "I loved this so much I had to share it" or the usual "I am doing this fucking nothing for this bullshit charity, which I'm not even sure is real, but I look like a kind soul, so fuck it, I'll post this ribbon or wear this shirt or whatever" picture, but I mean original thought. Not a single, "hey today is going to be a good day" or "I'm proud of myself for not being a total fuckwad" or maybe even "you know what, my kid ain't perfect, but he tried so hard today." Nothing. Not one single post like that. So what I started doing was blocking all the shared links that people share daily. The next, will be the obvious, but it's so common to threaten, but who really cares anyway. Facebook has become the most depressing place on the earth. I shit you not when I know at least four people who have posted pics with the husband or the wife of the person they've been fucking behind their own spouses back and it's insane that anyone could be that fucking stupid. I know people who have sexually assaulted people, giving fucking relationship advice, which is fucking nauseating. I know people who are such magnets to misery, it amazes me they are still actually shocked when the shit goes down. Seriously, I'm no saint and I'll pretty much fess up to my ills, but c'mon people. You owns homes, you have children, you have spouses and you have jobs, which may or may not suck, but you have all the necessities to be happy, but you don't have love in your hearts, because you have greed and envy of everything you see of others. Please realize that they have the same woes as you and if they're showing a picture of their new car, with their big ring and their fancy new dress perfectly framed, they are suffering too. 

I am starting to sound like a damn faith healer, but you people really need to get your heads out of your asses and your neighbor's yard and move on with your lives. I have nothing and I mean literally nothing, but I have my family, my intelligence and my sense of fucking humor, which no matter what has been thrown at me or those I surround myself, never waivers. I have a handful of friends who I lean on when I need it and most of them are gone, swimming in a sea of self doubt and pity, never looking into the mirror and realizing everything is pretty fucking OK. I don't have the physical ability to relieve stress by sticking my leg behind my head, beating the fuck out of a heavy bag or doing burpees or whatever they are called. I can barely go for a mind clearing walk these days, so I find other ways. Then I go on Facebook and witness 600 people feeling sorry for themselves, their husbands, their grandmothers, their kids and then when something does go down, everyone passes it over as if it's nothing. Hell, if I see one more parent complain about their kid's homework, I'm calling the cops and having their kids removed. Just because you're too fucking stupid to help your grade school aged child with their homework, stop blaming common core. The core of the problem for all these people is very common and it's well known, it's called lack of intelligence. If your nine year old can struggle through it, you can grab their book, a glass of wine and learn it yourself, while they sleep. Need help, send them to me for a week and they'll be shooting numbers out faster than you could imagine. 

OK, I'm not even going to share this, because, oh fuck you, of course I'm going to share it. It's as childish as the stupid website. I posted about ten jokes today and one response, but Generic Facebook Fanny posts their feeling down and gets 23 likes and 79 comments, all from their Dr. Phil friends. It's 5am and I need a fucking Snickers or I need to come to my senses and limit my page to the 15-20 people I actually give a flying fuck about or if nothing else, make me smile and turn down all the requests for negativity. I laugh, because half these miserable fucks are the one's who are always telling everyone else about yoga, kale, crossfit and the wonders of sobriety or having a mental enema, which they call meditation. You can't meditate with your phone plugged in, sipping a Starbucks worried about your neighbor's addition or your kid's English teacher having a Spanish name. You also can't post 16 horseshit articles on Ebola or the child disease of the week. Some people are really suffering and those people have the fucking right. You don't. 

OK, so this is what I call therapy. You don't like it? You probably should have stopped after title. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her