Skip to main content

Goodbye!

Tonight, I was scrolling down my Facebook page, when I came to an post about his crazy woman who taped herself in her car, while ranting about the McKinney PD and pool incident. The woman's video has made her an Internet celebrity, because she is black and bashed the teenagers and not the police. Let's be clear, she's now in a special minority of people in the universe who believe this, but an even smaller minority of black people. Let's also get something straight. If you're an intelligent adult and you listened to her and thought she was correct, let's face it, you probably had your mind made up before you even saw the video, because why else would The Blaze and Fox News be running this? That being said, even uneducated, ignorance is acceptable, because it falls under the umbrella of an opinion. So let's leave it at that. This isn't the point.

There was one comment written under the link and it was by someone I went to high school with, someone I consider(ed) a friend and someone who actually never really posts anything, but pictures of his car on Facebook. The comment was this "shoot them all." Now, if I take race out of the equation and I take employment description out of the equation and I take every single aspect of the video out of the equation, pretending it is two people who differ only in the length of their big toes. If that's all I do, this is the most bigoted thing I've read by someone I know. I won't tolerate that kind of hate in my world, from those I call, even loosely, friends.

I then went down and there were two more anti-Caitlyn Jenner posts and two somewhat roundabout racist jokes that were not meant to be funny to everyone, but to only those who share this hatred. I'm holding off on blocking these people, because I don't want to misinterpret anyone and I don't feel like going down my list and asking every single person if they are a bigot. I will say this. I'm done with ignorant negativity. I take enough abuse as it is, by people who never once take a second to think what I might be going through and lash out at me, expecting it will be taken as a joke, like it normally is. I'm not going to threaten through my feed, but there are some who have no respect for Blacks, Spanish, women or their own kid's futures, despite the posts to the contrary. I'm done with those people and my list will start to dwindle soon and you know what? I'll be a better person for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her