Skip to main content

15 Observations Based On This Week

As I stated in my last blog (nobody read), I am an obsrvationist. Again, I am not even sure if that's a word or a thing, but I'm sticking to it. So without any true explanation, I'm going to simply point out things that I observed this week that seem to almost always be true.

1. Men who speak down to their wives and girlfriends in public, seem to have friends who are very warm, comforting, and supportive to these women. Especially, when the husband isn't there. 

2. The laziest people sincerely believe they are hard workers.

3. Being smiled at is like a drug. 

4. People who jump into Christmas before Thanksgiving tend to do so because they are selfish.

5. Good bartenders are good regardless of the expected or past tips. 

6. Most people exaggerate their daily struggles.

7. People who work with children primarily for the money are the worst childcare providers in the world. 

8. People who are insecure in their abilities use body positioning to shut out those who may be stronger than them.

9. The loudest people have the least to say.

10. Lying is difficult because one must remember the lie, but lying about one's self, has to be torture.

11. The kindest people are always modest about their kindness.

12. Love is the most overused word in the English language.

13. People who post on social media about their love of family, but omit new photos or stories, normally could care less about their families.

14. Nobody is too busy to find time for anyone who needs them. 

15. Working with children has taught me that all behavior is a form of communication. Understanding it isn't always the easiest thing to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!