Skip to main content

The worst actor ever

Chris Klein has not been in enough movies as of yet to qualify, so we'll give him a pass.

OK, I'm going to get heat for this one, but my vote is for Robin Williams. And of course, because this is a blog and not a facebook status update, I'll explain. Let's start at the beginning. He appeared as the martian Mork from Ork on Happy Days back in the 70's. Somehow this was spun off into it's own show. At the same time he starred in his first movie as Popeye. A live action cartoon which was so horrible, it turned me off to spinach until a young adult. This was followed by The World According to Garp. Despite it being filmed partly in good old Eastchester and a cameo by our beloved AD Dom Cecere, the movie is absolutely awful. Moscow on the Hudson was actually pretty decent when I first watched it, but I later realized it wasn't because of RW, it was because as a youngin I was infatuated with Maria Conchita Alonso. Then came Club Paradise, and despite having one of my favorite movie lines, it is so bad, it's almost unwatchable.

Here's where people will either stop reading or hate me. These next two movies are two of my least favorite, because he is praised for his acting, when in actuality it's four hours of a filmed coke binge. Good Morning Vietnam & Dead Poets Society are two of my least favorite popular movies. Honestly, I don't understand the draw. Both are painfully boring, self-righteous drech. Every time someone stands on a desk and says Oh Captain, My Captain, an angel gets put to death. At least I hope.

Then came the trifecta of a lifetime. Cadillac Man, Awakenings, and Shakes the Clown. Each are bad in their own way, but Shakes the Clown might possibly be one of the ten worst movies of all time. A little side note: Even as a catatonic person Robert Deniro still acted like a mob guy. What's with that? Then the Fisher King and Hook. Seriously, who has seen this many movies of his and didn't want to kill themelf? The worst part is there are more. Toys? Take out LL Cool J (yes, LL Cool J) from this movie and it's up there with Shakes.

Dustin Hoffman nailed the cross dressing character in Tootsie. Plus, it had Jessica Lange, so kudos to them. Mrs. Doubtfire was so silly it made me actually wanna rewatch Big Momma's House. Jumanji. No words. The Birdcage took a wonderful movie called Les Cage Aux Folles and ruined it. I could start about Nathan Lane, but what's the use.

And then Ben and Matt came along. Good Will Hunting is not a bad movie. It really isn't, but every scene with RW makes me twitch with pain. Here were two kids who had this great role they had written. His character is the voice of reason in a chaotic situation. The whole while he looks so uncomfortable in his own skin. I've always thought that if they had gotten a real actor this movie would have been so much better. Instead it's awkward. I don't even know the line he utters about "going to see about a girl." But it's flat out nauseating and contrived and coming from him, it's not even real.

What Dreams May Come, Bicentennial Man, Patch Adams. Somebody shoot me. Why have I actually seen these? Death to Smoochy, for Christ's sake, kill me now. Then his challenging roles came. One Hour Photo. Good god. I wish this movie was an hour shorter. RW as a villain is as believable as me being a personal trainer. But they weren't done miscasting him. Insomnia, which is actually a remake of a fine Norwegian film with Stellan Skaarsgard. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell RW and Pacino that some acting would be involved. I have insomnia, but this film put me to sleep. This was the final straw. I am done.

So from this day forward, unless some practical joke is played on me, where I am incapacitated, I will not watch another film with him. Sure Night at the Museum is Oscar worthy. RV is a riot. Whatever his next film out will be brilliant. I'll have to take every one's word for it. I refuse to waste any more of my life watching this idiot. Honestly, I can't even stomach him in interviews. How the hell can a grown man not have the ability to be serious, even for a moment. Sadly, when he tries to be, it is so forced, it doesn't translate. It saddens me to realize the numerous hours I've wasted watching his films. Not one really good on in the whole batch.

I'll end this tirade now. Maybe one day I'll write about one of my least favorite movies. Maybe it'll be about Shawshank. Maybe It's a Wonderful Life. Maybe Citizen Kane. Who knows? I'm sure it will be something that will piss someone off, but at least it won't have Robin Williams in it. NANU NANU - Good grief!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her