Skip to main content

Funny Quotes: From My After School Program Part 2

Week 1:

Basketball hits Ethan in the head and he starts to cry.  A few seconds later, I explain that it's his ball and he should start playing again. He then scores a basket about ten seconds later.


Asher (1st):  See Ethan, me hitting you in the face made you better.
Ethan (1st) stops, walks over and hugs Asher.

Luke (K):  Hey, you missed class the last few weeks.
Me: Well the class ended and we had three weeks between the first session and the second session.
Luke:  Oh......you must have been sick.  We were here.

Spencer: Mrs. Robinson, are we going now?
Mrs. Robinson:  You can call me Tammy, Spencer.
Me: Laughing
Mrs. Robinson:  Ugh, with that name.  Even at my wedding I wouldn't let them play the song.

Me: Ethan, please behave, you don't want what happened two years ago.
Ethan (2nd):  What happened?
Me:  Remember, I had to speak to someone on the phone for about an hour about your behavior?
Ethan:  Nope! Doesn't ring a bell!

Week 2

Me:  Darius, Where is Dillon?
Darius: He was sick.
Me: Still?  He was sick last week.
Darius: Yeah, he's still sick.
Nancy (one of the after school chaperones):  I saw Dillon today in school.
Darius:  Yeah, he went home because he's going to Florida tomorrow.
Me: I thought you said he was sick.
Darius:  Yep, I did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!