Skip to main content

Questions of the Day

Second blog in a few hours. I was actually starting to write a final blog, but got a little inspired by a movie.  So here's some things that have me confused in my life right now.

In honor of Friday the 13th....Why do people think Jason Voorhees is so bad ass?  His mom did all the killing in the original movie.  He didn't pop out til before the closing credits.

Why is it when you trust people with unimportant information they don't tell anyone, but when you tell them anything personal it's open to the public?

Why would someone tell me I have two weeks to answer an e-mail and then call or write every day to ask where my response is?  Did they think my e-mail got lost?

Why is it since smart phones, doesn't it seem like falling asleep, being busy or just not wanting to respond right away is an insult.  I fell victim to this last night and feel kinda stupid right now.

When did loyalty become a bad thing?  I'm getting completely screwed by people doing something for a year, that I have given all of myself for twelve years.  Not a happy camper.

How can people vote for Mitt Romney knowing that he has lied about so many things? Doesn't this seem like a precedent (not president) has been set?

How can anyone compare the complete impact that the Beatles had on music to the Stones?  The Stones did their first live show 50 years ago yesterday.  Still performing.

Is the Penn State scandal the worst thing to happen in college football history?  No.  It's the worst thing to happen in sports history.

What has happened since the 80's to people's standards?  In the 80's teenage girls and their mothers made fun of Kelly and Peg Bundy.  The modern day equivalent is Snooki and Big Ang and now teenage girls and their mothers emulate them.

When, seriously when, will people realize that global warming has nothing to do with the air temperature?  It's disturbing how many people believe this. Almost as disturbing as 18% of all Republicans believing Obama is a Muslim.

Why is it that some people who love each other can't be together, but so many people who don't stay together forever?  I don't have any logical or witty comment to follow.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!