Skip to main content

Things I Can't Currently Live Without

OK, So another shitty list.  Nobody likes lists anymore and nobody likes blogs anymore, but I don't care. I need to put shit down in words.  I need a record, so when the government comes after me, they know where I'm at.  Alone and not dangerous.  I'm not OCD or anything, but there are certain things I'm craving now.

Twitter - I can actually do without Facebook, but I get so many news sources and first run news, I need it.  I crave it.  I make a fool of myself on it, but that's the real point, isn't it?

Avocado and Tomato - rarely is there a day or two that go by without me indulging in a sandwich or salad comprised of these two bad boys.  Throw in some red onion and we're set.

The Wire - I am so hooked on this show it's nuts.  Watched Season 1 in three days and Season 2 in two days.  Halfway Season 3 in one day and then took a little break to slow my roll and enjoy it a little.

Two Friends - One I see every week and no matter my mood, he either enhances the good mood or makes the bad mood disappear, even if for a few moments.  He teases me when necessary and is a voice of reason when called for.  The other friend is a friend who I can tell anything too.  Sometimes our bond lets us say things we shouldn't but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I need this person more than ever, if just to listen to my woes.

Air Conditioning - after two nights sleeping with a fan on me, I know how important a cool evening is.  Sweating at night is almost like drinking a pot of coffee at midnight. For someone who already struggles with insomnia, this is a true killer.

Words of Kindness - we live in a cruel world and the average person truly comes across as bitter and self absorbed. Three people have really come across as helpful without even trying.  One is a beautiful girl who I've known since HS.  Never realized she'd be so hot or I'd have tried harder.  The other is someone I've sort of known for years, but she makes me smile with her dry wit and straight forward approach to life.  Lastly is a friend who I've known for years, who every once in a while reminds me she's thinking about me.  All are taken, so this isn't about anything other than kind words.

Late Night Walks - while they don't always help, there are times when these little strolls are an integral part of my day and night. They give me time to get some fresh air, some exercise and think about life and all it's curve balls.

There aren't too many things that help these days. Times are tough and about to get tougher.  I look to these little things to get by.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm thankful when they do, more than anyone can imagine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!