Skip to main content

Free Writing - Take 72

I'm giving myself 12 minutes, not that it matters

A movie. Laying in bed, the world on the screen opening up my mind. I see what she sees and I see what they want me to see. Two worlds; one real and one a metaphor for an awakening. Or is it the other way around? The silly synopsis on the envelope leaving so much out and adding so little. I watch, as one of the most beautiful women on the planet looks like anyone else I've ever seen naked. A feat almost as incredible as the film's impact. It ends. I gather myself and 19 hours later I'm still thinking of it. I'm thinking about how it makes me feel and then it makes me realize something unrelated to the film. I have two people in my life I can discuss it with. That is all. Friends don't watch movie like I do. Not only the types, but the way I do. I want to be entertained, but I want more. I want to dive into the heads of the creators. Always watching, learning. Human nature is as odd as anything you'll see. A giant bowl, containing but a bite or three of food. The cabinets opened, the wrap pulled, carefully sealed. The condensation drips over time. The food slowly quickly losing its flavor and texture. I stare at it. Take the three bites and wash the bowl. Four to five times bigger than needed. I wipe away the grit and then rinse. Twelve seconds of my life has elapsed and another six as a I giggle, knowing fully, that minutes were spent, in preparation of this flash of time. Minutes spent, all so one doesn't have to wash a dish. I stare at the fridge, huge containers, holding nibbles. All to avoid the water and soap. It's a comical moment I experience daily. It's the afraid child walking the long way to school, all to avoid the bully who isn't there, but is waiting for him at the other side. I have done my social experiments, leaving one last bite in these giant containers. Weeks go by and the colors change, but the content and the needed result doesn't. Finally, I cave and in less time than it took me to think about doing it, it's gone. If there's a reverse to OCD, I see it every day. Imagine doing everything over and over to purposely be counterproductive. To purposely waste time as to justify the hours in the day. Never changing from a mundane routine that sees daylight lost, for the sake of keeping a schedule. A schedule that accomplishes nothing but precise ticks of a clock. It ranks up there with the small talk. I'll do this, but never do it. Why then tell someone? Another movie, this one to clear the mind. Small bikinis and even tinier interest. I fall asleep, dreaming of the horrors of reality. What is reality? Repeating the same thing over and over? Is that why we are born? I look at the bottle and think, "it's been three weeks." It's never been a problem for me, much to other's dismay. Two friends have kept my laughter going throughout this time. I glance at the clock and realize this is probably the slowest I've written anything in a while. Usually the thoughts gush out, but maybe it's because of the snow or the full moon. Let's blame all our problems on the nature. It's much more simple than gazing in the mirror, like the alien does, admiring her new "clothes."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her