Skip to main content

Question For Anyone

From the outside looking in, you have it all. You have a loving husband. You have beautiful, healthy kids. You have a good job, decent benefits and stability. You have a home. You have family who loves you and friends who are there at the drop of a hat. You have pets that view you like you're a god. You have a social life and you have hobbies. You have what everyone used to call "The American Dream."

You post pictures of all of this on Facebook for others to envy or maybe simply just appreciate. You tell us daily of your little ones achievements and we praise them. You tell us of your family's ills and we send out concern. You tell us of sadness and our sympathies come faster, with prayers from some and just love from others. Everything about your life that is positive, we embrace as you doing well and we're sincerely happy for you. We see you in the street and you and your family is smiling and it just cements our thoughts. You tell us you're happy and we feel joy. So why?

Why do you spend minutes, maybe even hours, posting memes about your hardships, your feelings of neglect and being unappreciated. About not being loved and finding someone who will. About the daily struggles and torment you feel, but only seem to feel at 6AM, when everyone else is asleep? Why do you do it? Is it purely for attention or is your entire life a lie? That last line might have sounded crude, but if you knew what people thought and what they said, when they see these every morning before work, you'd think twice. Whether they are true or not, you'd hesitate, because believe me, when we see that smile and those vacation photos, we don't believe any of it, because of those morning posts, begging for a different life, using the words of someone else to convey your sadness or your desire to simply be noticed every day. Can anyone tell me why anyone would choose to live a lie all but the handful of minutes each day they search for a picture to show the world?

Comments

  1. You got me, I confess, I'm not really married and I don't have kids. I bought a frame in Sears years go that had a photo of a really handsome dude in it, then I saw a few more frames, some of them had kids in them. I bought them all. I've used photoshop to make a fake happy family all these years, thanks computers! But it's all a lie, as you've so keenly observed. My memes tell the true tale. I do have cats; but they hate me. They hate everyone. It's so good to finally tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have known a few people who bought frames because they loved them and took forever to put their own picture in (waiting for the perfect one) and the family pictured became a funnier story, so they left it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by "a few people" you mean yourself and your multiple personalities

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!