- Annabelle Creation - Absolutely terrible. Shockingly bad acting and not a single scare,
- Personal Shopper - Assayas almost makes his common mistake, but hands reigns to Stewart!
- Bluebeard - Breillat's adaptation worked for me. Loved the simplicity and cinematography.
- Eraserhead - Finally saw Lynch's "cult" classic. I wish I hadn't. Dreadful.
- Voyage in Time - Documentary with Andrei Tarkovsky and Tonino Guerra. For fans only.
- The Orphanage - One of the best and horror movies I've ever seen. So carefully crafted.
- Craig Ferguson: Tickle Fight - Amusing, but hardly vintage Ferguson.
- The Straight Story - Lynch's simple tale is taken to unexpected heights, thanks to Farnsworth.
- Wonder Woman - Gadot is fun, sexy and committed to the role, but it never clicks.
- Loving - Jeff Nichols, once again proves he's one of the best. Ruth Negga is brilliant.
- Sisters - Early De Palma stars the stunning Margot Kidder, but comes off as amateurish.
- Star Wars: A New Hope - Been almost 30 years since the last time I watched it. Still amazing.
- Los Olvidados - My least favorite Bunuel film to date. Grim, with only one likable character.
- Bluebeard - Korean psychological thriller that bites off more than it can chew. Rushed ending.
- Black Christmas - Cult classic stands up thanks to lovely Hussey and Kidder. Great Saxon!
- The Grandmaster - Wong Kar-Wei's film is aesthetically wonderful, but lacked fluidity.
- The Sacrifice - Tarkovsky's finale will leave even his most devout fans, scrambling for words.
- The Big Doll House - 70's sexploitation has Pam Grier, a bevvy of beauties and young Sid Haig
- Directed by Andrei Tarkovsky - Documentary about making of The Sacrifice. Fascinating
Top Three: Personal Shopper, The Orphanage, The Straight Story
Bottom Three: Annabelle Creation, Eraserhead, The Big Doll House
Biggest Surprise: The Straight Story
Biggest Disappointment Wonder Woman