Skip to main content

Some Completely Irrelevant Things People Don't Know About Me

I have hit Michael Kay with my car (very lightly).  One year later I had his nephew in one of my sports classes.  As a gift, they gave me a Yankees hat.  On a side note, the other side of the family was cousins with wrestling's McMahon family.

I rarely check my real mail every day, but my e-mail constantly.

I once stayed awake (in college for over 100 hours straight doing a paper).  It's the only grade on a paper I received lower than a B+ on.  It was Kinesiology.

While running down the street in NYC, I once knocked Gene Shallit on his ass.  He got up and said "Fuck You!"  I said "You're Gene Shallit!"  I was 14.

 I once drank a fifth of Gordon's Gin and two 40oz of Old English 800 in one night....when I was 13.

I skipped 3rd grade and got held back in 10th.

I scored a 92 on a Mensa practice exam....I also went to summer school twice.

Once during Monday Night Football my buddy Kenny and I ate either 120 or 140 Buffalo Wings before the game ended.  They were 10 cents a piece.  During that time, I drank 3 pitchers of beer.  More impressively, he drank three pitchers of Coke.

Something for people who have only known me over the last 20 years will nor believe these:

In seventh grade, I ran the seventh fastest mile in my school (grades between 4-8).  I was in seventh grade.

I once high jumped 5' 8" when I was 5' 7".

While trying out for a college baseball team, I hit a ball off the 340 sign against a guy who made the majors.

I once knicked the rim with my finger in HS. 

In High School I could throw a football 55 yards with my right arm and 30 with my left.

OK, enough lame sports stuff.

I took my SAT drunk in HS and got a 1040.  I didn't listen to to the instructions and finished in less than 30 minutes.  When my brother was taking the pretests, I took one when I was 26, drunk once again and got a 1260.  There's a lesson in there somewhere.

I got a 99 on my 11th grade English Regents.

I once kissed Jennifer Connolly.  Yes, that Jennifer Connolly.  As my friend Luke tells me..."I'm sure she tells that story as often as you do."

I've lost over 50 lbs three different times in my life.  I consider myself a nutritionist!

I once walked seven miles home from a bar.  A month after I tore my ACL.

I once drove a car 120 miles and hour....it was an Astrovan!

I am adopted and know the mother's name and have no desire to meet her.

I was born in Hollywood.....Florida.

I'm not proud of this, but once had a BAC of 4.6.  The doctor told me I should be in a coma.  I was totally coherent and hitting on the nurse stitching my knee.

I consider three of my ex-girlfriends to be some of my best friends in the world.

I hate Coke & Cherries, but like Cherry Coke.

I'm a bit of an open book, haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo