Skip to main content

Movies I Hate That Everyone Likes

About three years back I wrote a blog titled the 11 most overrated movies.  My number one selection was The Shawshank Redemption and I've accepted that I am the only person on the planet who despises that movie.  So in the interest of stirring up some controversy, I've decided to revisit this and make a list of movies that I believe are complete crap, but adored by the general public.  I don't mean I dislike these movies, but view them as unwatchable and gave them one star in Netflix ratings.  Enjoy and please feel free to argue.

Here is the link the original I had mentioned.
http://hopsthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/09/eleven-maybe-12-most-overrated-movies.html

300 - absolutely silly, ultra homoerotic tale of the Spartans.
Austin Powers - any of them. Michael Myers is a twat.  He's never done anything funny in his life.
Any Given Sunday - quite possibly the worst sports movie ever made.
The Cabin in the Woods - the second worst horror movie ever made. Cliche fest.
The Cable Guy - one funny scene does not make a good movie.
Dead Poets Society - the worst actor in a pretentious piece of shit pie. Not my captain.
Dumb & Dumber - yes I mean it.  If you're a grown up and shit jokes make you laugh, sorry.
Forrest Gump - one of the best soundtracks ever can't save this uber-boring mess.
The Full Monty - love the actors, but have never made it through in one sitting it's so boring.
Ghost - the only thing that came out of this movie was my disdain for Patrick Swayze
The Grapes of Wrath - hated the book and hated the movie. Felt like 12 hours long.
The Grey - Liam Neeson, you suck at action films. Get back to acting.
Hostel - if you like violence, I can show you good movies. Hostel 2 was actually better.
The Hunger Games - one of the worst movies I've seen in a very long time.
Knocked Up - the longest and most unfunny comedy ever?
Kung Fu Hustle - this cult classic is so bad...stick to Kung Fu Panda
The entire Matrix series - we get it, you're not that clever.  It sucked.
Mrs. Doubtfire - I should just put "Every Robin Williams film."
The Natural - yes, the biggest baseball fan on the planet hates this. Cue exploding lights....sigh
North by Northwest - can't wrap my finger around why, but I hate this film with a passion.
Open Water - not sure people love this, but it's the worst movie ever made.
Rocky IV - It's worse than Rocky V
Sleepless in Seattle - Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan - my personal hell
The Social Network - a bunch of unsocial pricks.  Irony?
Titanic - probably isn't fair, because the acting isn't terrible, but it's so painfully long and drawn out.
The Truman Show - see my comment about Robin Williams...same applies to Jim Carrey except one
X-Men; First Class - hailed by many as the best comic book movie. I think it's the worst, other than Hulk

Obviously there are others I despise, but these were 1 star movies.  I'd throw The Hangover in, but there are about three scenes that are truly funny and the extras on the DVD with the photos are funnier than the movie.  Feel free to comment

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!