Skip to main content

S**t You Realize At 6AM

You know how when you turn on the hot water it's cold first? I live in the only place where when you turn on the cold water it's hot first.  No really.  Scorching hot.

If you're a cop and you see a car full of guys at the White Castle drive-thru or at 7-11 and it's after 4AM....you are a kind soul.

I do not like sweets very much.  I don't like desserts, I don't love ice cream (will get a coffee shake once in a while), don't love pancakes for breakfast, but if it's 4-5AM and you put any kind of cake or cookie in front of me, it's as good as gone.

Is it me or does it seem like most people buy pets to fill a void in their lives. A lost family member or friend, a break up, want a baby but not ready, can't have a baby, they moved, lost a job, changed jobs, etc.   Nobody ever seems to buy a pet, just because they want to take care of something and have it love them back.  Isn't that supposed to be the reason?

In the few years I've been on Facebook, it seems the people who write personal stuff seeking help to serious stuff, seem to get overly mad when you reply with a direct message and not on their wall. Make me wonder how much it's for attention and how much it's truly being in need.

I don't know if this is a scientific fact, but some say the last person you think of before you sleep is the person you love.  I find it troubling that I have been thinking about the same person the last four nights and I don't know if it's not someone I should, but it's frustrating.

You know how when you're at home or at someone elses house, you're always mortified at how much food they serve and you go home eating way more than you should?  Then why do we get mad when we get normal portions in a restaurant?

It's kind of funny. People that know me know that I don't really sleep, but I wonder how they would feel if they knew what it felt.  So far 25 hours in the last 145 hours.  Don't get me wrong, I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me as much as you think.  I'm almost never tired, but when I am and sometimes it happens at inopportune moments, people quickly forget my sleeping problems.

Why do people drive so fast in the wee hours of the morning? There is no traffic.  Wouldn't leaving 10 minutes earlier knowing this get you there at the same time and a lot safer?

Chinese Take-out is such an odd experience. You stress before calling, because you're not sure what you want, then you end up ordering what you always order and then you anticipate it briefly and then when it arrives you eat so quickly, you barely enjoy it.

I never throw anything out, but I use about 1/10th of the things I own on any kind of regular basis.  People with much more than me seem to use their stuff even less.  Why are we so materialistic?

I have a social observation, that some might find offensive.  I was going to throw it directly onto a Facebook status, but I am not seeking attention, just an an observation.  I wrote on Facebook that I needed a dermatologist.  Within about four hours, I had about six replies, two private messages and two text messages.  I mentioned I had car troubles and I had about three suggestions for other places and two texts twelve hours.  I said I was sick as a dog on Tuesday and as of Saturday morning, I have received, two feel betters on Facebook, not one direct message, not one text and only one phone call.  He's not on Facebook, didn't know how badly I was sick, but called me again the next day before he went to work to ask me if I wanted him to pick me up some food or any necessities before he went in and then a third time yesterday.  In the years since my mother passed, I've truly learned a lot about people and while I don't hold human nature against anyone, I am amazed at how little people act like they say they act.

That last statement wasn't  a woe is me cry, but I laugh when I read all these memes about how "friends are the one's who are there when things are great, great friends are the one's who are there when things are bad."  Putting a picture on Facebook doesn't make you a saint, it makes you a hypocrite.  I just find it funny that some of the same people who are always asking for little favors are never there to say "hey, you need anything, I'm at the store."  Aside from who called me, my brother and my father, the person who stepped up in the past few months and has been a godsend is not the person I expected it to be. I'm going to feel so guilty when I ask them to help me again.  I'm there for them though, no matter what.

Time to try and sleep.  While everyone else starts their day, I hope to get a nice 3 hours.  Hope everyone does something fun today.  A lot of downers lately on Facebook, Twitter and in the World.  Need to be a little happier people!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her