Skip to main content

Homage To My Facebook Friends

OK, this will probably irritate or embarrass some, but I have hit the wall on ideas for my blog.  So I've decided to go back to Sunday morning and look at all the people who took time to comment on my Facebook wall and I'm going to comment on all of them.  I'll keep their last names hidden, but it will be obvious who they are.  If you are offended by anything I write, ask me to take it off and I will.  Other than that, here it is.  In order of posts.

Susanne - a good friend from years back.  Someone I actually liked a lot back in the day, but she was dating a friend of mine at the time.  Haven't seen her in years, but still consider her a good friend.

Christina - wise beyond her years. If I was 15 years younger or she was 15 years older, I'd definitely try and make her boyfriend fall in front of a car (JK, Justin).  Very intelligent, which means she'd probably argue with me and then dump  me anyway.  Thank goodness she's too young!

Joe - an old friend.  Used to think he was a little nuts.  Now I know it.  But love when he posts!  Miss hanging out with him and his brother in their parents basement!

Nate - a guy I miss terribly.   Only lives about 45 minutes away and it's been forever since I've seen him and his wonderful wife.  They are two of the best people I've ever known!  And ladies...he's hot!

Ann Marie - One of the most caring people.  Mentions food on Facebook and if I comment she invites me over (and means it).  Known her for years and watched her kids grow up.   Great person.  And puts up with Paul, so she's an angel too!

Ron - funny how we've become better friends probably since Facebook, but known each other forever.  Graduated with his sis, who I always adored.  We differ in opinions on various topics, but have great debates.  Great fun talking to him.

Mike - My favorite debater.  We have had public and private debates.  Used to play basketball back in the day.  Always a good guy. One of the people I'm happy I joined Facebook to reconnect with.  I even let it slide he's a Yankees fan.   Just adds to our debating!

Rob - one of my oldest Eastchester friends.  We don't see each other much, but we've spent many crazy nights together (not sexual).  Introduced me to Lomo Saltado, anticuchos and has one of the most beautiful daughters in the world.  Someone I know I'll always be able to sit down and watch a game, eat some grub and possibly bring home odd bouncers from the bar (again, not sexual...master chief!)

Brian - one of my newest friends, but someone I confide in. One of the best people around. Miss the hell out of him and plan to visit whenever I get the funds together.  I don't like desserts, but this man made me the greatest birthday cake I've ever had...let's just say Reese's Peanut butter cup....times 10!

Heather - a friend I've known for years and only recently been reunited with.  She's also dating a friend of mine (so I have to go easy on the niceties, haha).  Great person, great mom and a formidable foe in Words and Hanging with Friends!

Anthony - friend from back in the day.  Saw him last year after ages.  Remember listening to gangster rap with him, before it was cool.  The world's biggest Kiss fan.  Spent some nights very late in some weird places, with weird people with this guy.

Onie - What can't I say.  Everyone knows Onie as Christian on my page.  I have to be careful, because I've been sacked by him back in the day.  Another brother of a friend from HS who I am better friends with now than back in the day!

Cat - she lives in Australia, so I never see her anymore.  Was the nanny to one of the greatest families in Scarsdale.  Someone I saw and talked to every school day for a few years and who helped out a lot when I was just getting started in the after school world.

Chris - another guy, I never really hung out with that much way back when, other than playing football.  Seems like a trend of being friends with people who used to tackle me.  Used to be quite the partier back in the day, when I was a lightweight.  I should have hung out with him with the new me!

Kim - a new friend and someone I care a lot about.  Someone I fell head over heals with too quickly.  Things aren't great, but something tells me, we're going to be friends (even if just casual) for a long time.  She's the kind of person that, for me, comes along only a few times in a lifetime.  Very few people see the real her. I did and it's very special.

Martina - met her last year.  She's married to a friend of mine, but we talk a lot when he's not around, haha.  Had a great time with her recently, when she followed a fancy night out drinking champagne with a day at the Kilt with the boys, eating greasy food and watching football.  Very cool...even though she wants the Kilt to get a Cappucino machine!

Greg - the man who gave me my job at Birchmont.  Thank goodness he didn't ask me to send a picture or I'd never have gotten the job.  I owe him a ton!  Plus, he's a great guy, who I had many a beer with at the bank.  Great fun.  Love talking sports with him and miss it.

Ken - no matter what.  No matter what ups and downs there have been.  He's always going to be part of my inner circle.  I don't love many people.  He is definitely one of them. 

Walter - another of my older friends.  Class guy. Always had great fun playing every sport imaginable.  Live in the same town and I've seen him maybe five times since HS and mostly in the last two years.  Can't wait to get together during the holiday season when another friend will be in town.

Mike - or as we call him Irish Mike.  Known him over a year and met while ridiculing his Raiders.  Then found that aside from liking different ends of a fierce rivalry, we agree on almost everything else.  The more I get to know him, the more I like him.  Plus, he's a little more knowledgable about politics, so I just wait for him to comment and hit "like." 

Karin (the Westchester one) - great mom, great person and she puts up with Ricky, so she should be sainted.  Throws awesome BBQ's.  Is a sweetheart and has the most adorable little girl.  Always has a smile! Funny how she's one of the people I've known for a lot longer than I think.  kicks my ass in words with friends...but doesn't brag about it like Ricky!

Cooney - Awesome guy who is absolutely the best drinking partner ever.  Somehow has the ability to drink more Jameson than I do, which is truly amazing.  We once drank 17 shots each, while drinking all day.  He went home and drank wine and watched TV.  I'm pretty sure I showered fully dressed.  Haven't hung out recently and that needs to change!

Arthur - part of the C clan.  All good guys ( did I just say that?).  Haven't seen Arthur in ages and just caught up on Facebook.  Hope to get together one of these years.

Sue - so sweet and so adorable.  Love when I used to run into her.  Probably wrong I'd always hit on her in front of whoever she was dating...even when it was my ex's cousin.  Miss seeing her.

Ariel - one of my favorite Birchmont Babes.  Great fun.  Absolutely adorable.  Love food.  Wow...how the heck didn't I hit on her back in the day?  Now she's taken!  Doh!

Steve - bailed me out when I needed a job.  Friend from way way way back in the day.  Wish I could have continued, but I'm in about as bad shape as anyone can be at my age. The aches and pains, plus the odd hours just beat me up.  Hopefully run into him soon at PK's.


Mags - friend from HS, who I truly wish I got to know better.  I think we had maybe two classes together in all of HS.  Love reading some of the witty stuff she posts on Facebook. 

Amy - I stopped calling her my friend's sister (sista) and started calling her my friend.  She's great fun and love when her, mom and sista get together.  She deserves all the best.  Going through a tough time, but she's got those two behind her and others.  She's going to be fine...maybe even better.  Just don't over serve her, haha!

Amy L - an old friend and my female movie me.  Probably the only female (no offense ladies) I will listen to movie recommendations from.  I've even forgiven her for Disco Pigs.  No matter what, we'll always have the Fountain!  She's awesome!  Miss hanging with her though.  Gonna have to make Joe babysit one night and get her out!

Fin - The best bartender ever.  Even better person. I never go to the city, but I miss him.  Who would have thought that a place could change so much by one person leaving.  It's absolutely incredible.  I will be visiting very soon.  Some of the best nights in the last two years I completely attribute to him.

Mike T - haven't hung with him for a while, but great "kid."  Love reading his stuff on Facebook and love his comments.  He deserves all the happiness his FB pics seem to show.  Keep it going.

If you didn't show up here it simply means you didn't comment in the last week.  Doesn't mean I haven't thought about you or don't have something great to say about you.  Probably don't, because out of sight out of mind...right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her