Skip to main content

Free Writing - Take 49

Does anyone really want to live in a world where the two things that bring us together are the death of a man who made us smile and the attempt to help the helpless by pouring water on our heads. Remember when we were little and we thought getting older was when the real fun would start. We call that the age of innocence, but as kids play catch with bombs thrown from faraway lands, how can we keep supporting this fallacy?  The world is coming to an end they say. They might be right. You know the crazy, delusional nuts we see holding signs, wearing shirts and promising of the reckoning. We always laugh about this apocalypse or that, but are we not smack dab in the middle of one? This one is fighting with that one over color, religion, health rights, the heat of my fucking coffee dammit! Where has civility gone? Why can't we love anymore. This wife fucking her best friend's husband, while her husband, wines and dines his coworker. Meanwhile the kids see the painted veil and follow suit. Son uses power to dominate and denigrate, while daughter uses her body as a weapon to advance, both losing their innate ability to love themselves, let alone others, handing down what their parents taught them to their dysfunctional kids. All the while we all scream about karma and turn around is fair play on social media, hoping there are none who read between the lines. Alone I sit, wishing nothing more than to wrap my arms around my Marla, facing the enormous windows, as buildings fall and we put our faith in chaos and denounce the control that does nothing but cause our demise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...