Skip to main content

Quickie Blog: Perception vs Reality

I have used this debate many times in the past few weeks.  There is a perception that I am an obsessed lunatic, when in fact, I'm a caring friend.  There is a perception that some people are doing things they shouldn't be doing, when the reality is, we're all adults, and while not always accepted, people do things despite knowing their could be consequences.  There is a perception that I am always miserable and arguing with everyone.  The reality is that when I surround myself with good people who care about me, I'm as happy as anyone else.  I just find those people are few and far between.  There is a perception that when a man sleeps with a lot of people he's a stud and when a woman does, she's a slut.  The reality is, it doesn't matter, as long as they both accept the fact that world we live in judges and they need only be comfortable with their own decisions.  There is a perception that gay marriage will destroy the moral fiber of this country.  The reality is that the moral fiber has long been destroyed.  There is a perception that money is the root of all evil.  The reality is that when money and material things become more important than anything else in one's life, then and only then is it evil.  There is a perception that everyone is looking for something for nothing.  The reality is that many of those people have worked harder for longer than those who prey off their woes.  There is a perception that the political correctness is an absolute evil.  The reality is that human decency is not a given and some people think it should be.  There is a perception that we are more advanced that we were in the past.  The reality is that we've fallen so far academically that all the new technology masks our inability to read, write and communicate like we used to.  There is a perception that despite war, poverty, starvation, illiteracy and disease, we will have it better in the next world.  The reality is, we've given up on this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo...

Random Thoughts At 2:44AM

Most people I know do not care about knowing the truth or facts, they only care about being the one who passes along information. I wonder if I could privately ask people why they use social media (honestly), what their reason would be.  I don't think people without a sense of humor, realize how much fun the world can be. Even during the hard times.  So many of us spend time thinking of mistakes and regrets, but if we really think about it, we've probably dodged more bullets than missed boats.  You know when you sit by yourself reading, sipping some coffee or tea and you don't think about anything, but what you're doing? That!

2016 NFL Predictions

I skipped this last year, but will fully admit, I'd never have guessed my Broncos would be in the Super Bowl. This year, I had two clear cut favorites (Colts and Cardinals) a month ago, but things might have changed. As usual, I go through each game....yes, I predict all 256 games to come up with this. I know, pathetic, but I enjoy it and I've had some success in the past. So here it is. The seed of the playoff teams is in parenthesis AFC EAST New England Patriots* (2) 12-4 New York Jets 7-7 Buffalo Bills 7-7 Miami Dolphins 4-12 AFC NORTH Pittsburgh Steelers* (3) 11-5 Cincinnati Bengals* (5) 11-5 Baltimore Ravens 9-7 Cleveland Browns 3-13 AFC SOUTH Indianapolis Colts* (1) 15-1 Houston Texans 9-7 Tennessee Titans 6-10 Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12 AFC WEST Kansas City Chiefs* (4) 10-6 Denver Broncos* (6) 10-6 Oakland Raiders 8-8 San Diego Chargers 7-9 NFC EAST New York Giants* (4) 9-7 Dallas Cowboys 8-8 Washington 6-10 Philadelphia Eagles 5-11 NFC NOR...