Skip to main content

Celebrity Crushes

Remember when you were young and you first started feeling a little funny in the nether regions when you saw some babe (or dude) on TV?  Remember, you'd fantasize about them and at the time it didn't matter you were eleven and they were twenty-five.  Age wasn't a factor in your daydreams.  Well I saw a film the other day and started thinking about my true celebrity crushes.  I mean true crushes, not like the semi you got while watching Phoebe Cates leave the pool or checking out Chrissy's camel toe on Three's Company.  I mean true crushes.  Mine always seemed to come from movies.  Some of course were TV stars, but few and far between. 

I remember the first time I saw Houseboat with Sophia Loren.  I was mesmerized by her beauty. I think to this day, she is the reason why I lean towards curvy, bodacious brunettes.  The Latin flair doesn't hurt one bit either.  I think my crush on her lasted until I saw an episode of The Fall Guy and Markie Post (yeah the one who was the lawyer on Night Court) was in a bikini. Everyone always loved Heather Thomas, but I always had a thing for Markie. 
Around the same time as my affection for Markie Post was growing I found a movie called Breathless with Richard Gere.  It was a remake of the famous Godard film (written by Jean Luc and Francois Truffaut) starring the dashing Jean Paul Belmondo and the sizzling Jean Seberg.  This film starred a relative unknown named Valerie Kaprisky.  Her slight frame and incredible innocence made me fall in love.  Once again, the foreign accent didn't hurt either.  I saw this film when I was about 15, maybe 16.  She was only 21 when she filmed it, so in my mind, it was closer to a real crush.  No other woman I saw on screen captivated me the way she did for some years.  She even made me forget what a bad movie it was.  I might want to add that it was difficult to find a picture from the film, because she is naked in pretty much every scene she's in. So you can google her if you care.  I think I speak for every guy my age when I say, in the last year or two of the 80's there was one girl and one girl only that anyone really cared about.  Samantha Fox.  What made Fox such a draw was that she was our age.  She was made famous for her nude modeling as a page six girl in an English paper.  She later became world renowned for her classic dance hit "touch Me (I want to feel your body).  She was super cute, had the most ridiculous natural body anyone had ever seen and she could sing.  Well sort of.  But she even made the heavy metal fans notice.  Which was a feat considering they were so into their shtick they didn't notice that Rob Halford and Freddie Mercury were gay.  Seriously, this is a topic for another day.  I knew they were gay. All my friends knew they were gay. Why is it that all of their fans were shocked?

The 90's entered and the crushes faded.  Mostly due to the fact I was regularly having sex with real people. Of course my girlfriend at the time was the most beautiful girl in the world.  There was nobody that could compare.  Until 1995, I saw Desperado.  Unbeknownst to me there would be perfection in a little Mexican/Lebananese hottie.  It's been sixteen years since I've seen Desperado and it seems like the woman just gets hotter.  Young kids come on the scene, like Scarlett, Keira, Morgan, but none hold a candle.  To this day, celebrities don't get me excited.  I don't want their autographs, I don't want their pictures, I honestly don't really want to meet them, but if for one second I could stand in the same room as Salma Hayek, I'd die a happy man.  I think I'd turn into that same silly, shy kid I was at 11-years-old.  I don't think, I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Privilege

This was a post I wrote on Facebook after surprisingly not seeing any moaning about the Documentary by Jose Antonio Vargas, titled White People Dayyum! I just scrolled my timeline and not a single white person got their feelings hurt by White People. I unfortunately haven't seen it, but the number of fake accounts that popped up on twitter, tells me it was a damn good show. Here's the thing. If someone of color aka non-white says "White Privilege," are you offended? If you said yes, then you are exhibiting white privilege. It has nothing to do with how hard you work or study, how you stayed out of trouble, because here's the thing, that is entirely the point. Somewhere out there, there are 100 Black, Spanish, Native American, Arab, Asian, who worked and studied as hard as you and never got in trouble, but they don't have what you "earned" or achieved. Stop looking at the one person you know who isn't white that achieved as your benchmark. Loo

11 Rules of Life - Bill Gates?

I read this on Facebook this morning.  A friend had posted it and said that every child should have to receive this. I of course read it and started to think.  I immediately wondered who really wrote this, as I rarely see things like this attributed to the proper person.  I immediately found it was written by Conservative Charles J. Sykes when he wrote a book about how America is dumbing down our youth.  I read it twice and started to wonder how true it was.  Below is a link to the actual picture I saw. So let's look at each of the rules and analyze them. Rule 1: Life is not fair — get used to it! - Life is not fair in that we are not all afforded the same opportunities based on race, creed, color, socio-economic background, but in general, those who are afforded the same opportunities to succeed are very often rewarded for their individual efforts.  Sure there may be underlying circumstances, but hard work is proven to pay more often than not and those who strive for succ

Quickie Review - Finding Vivian Maier

While I thoroughly enjoyed the film, especially the first 15-20 minutes, I was a little bothered by the way the film played out. The interviews with the clearly disturbed brother, sister and the mother, who obviously, was in for a cut, didn't need to be in the film. Then the woman who suggested abuse, yet seemed to have her life defined by Maier, as she tried to muster every ounce of emotion and fake guilt. Her friend, more than happy to be party of the charade. People who talk about abuse for the first time, usually don't do so on camera. The fact these scenes were so prominent, shows that they felt wronged that they were not rewarded. Maloof on the other hand, seems to disappear from the documentary during this part, almost hiding away from the fact, he went from complete praise, to even making money off of her, to destroying her personal legacy. He almost mentions the family of boys taking care of her rent, as an afterthought. Her burial spot, never shown, yet a video of her